Download: 2020 Greeley Park Art Show Application
- For Jury: Submit materials – artist statement and at least 5 images of your work to GreeleyParkArtShow@gmail.com within 1 week of your application.
- For Featured Artist: Submit no later than July 1st. Submit materials to GreeleyParkArtShow@gmail.com.
- Early Bird Deadline: March 31st, 2020
July 1st, 2020August 1, 2020 Late Fee applied after July 1st Deadline.
- Show Dates: August 22nd 10:00a – 5:00p & 23rd, 10:00a – 4:00p
- Jury Notifications: Monthly, Saturday after the first Wednesday of the month.
- Feature Artist information/ads must be sent in by July 1st.
INFORMATION & GUIDELINES:
Scroll Down for ONLINE Application
Display Requirements: All spaces/booth MUST have tents able to withstand winds and rain as well as weights to secure the tents (no stakes allowed due to underground sprinkler system). This show is a rain or shine event. No sale signs or handwritten signs. Please consider displaying your company/artist name. Your display can add value to your product and help bring customers into your booth. Make it different, make it classy, and make it match your personality as an artist!
Eligibility & Participation: Open to all artists 18 years of age or older working in:
- 2-Dimensional: Drawing/Illustration (Pen, Pencil, Charcoal), Graphic & Printmaking, Painting (Oil, Acrylic, Watercolor), Pastel, Photography, Digital Art, Photographic.
- 3-Dimensional: Ceramics, Fiber, Glass, Jewelry, Metalwork, Woodwork/Wood burning, Sculpture. (Jewelry is a very limited category)
- Mixed Media: This category includes works, both 2D and 3D, that incorporates more than one type of physical material to produce. Includes non-sculptural work as determined by the artist.
ALL prints/reproductions/cards are allowed; however, they must be marked as such. If you have questions or need clarification, email us at GreeleyParkArtShow@gmail.com.
The artist must have at least five finished pieces to display and the work must be original, executed within the past THREE years. Entry into this outdoor art show establishes an agreement on the part of the artist to all conditions listed in the prospectus and is a contract to display only what was applied for on the entry form. Artists may market prints, limited editions and greeting cards of their original works. Copies of original work must be identified as such.
NOT ALLOWED: “Crafts”, which include any item(s) that can be identical if desired, including anything that uses a pattern or involve the same sequence steps to produce nearly identical results. No mass produced / resale merchandise. No knitted or crocheted items, no beading/string jewelry. Per the NAAA and city ordinance, artists cannot display artwork with mature or adult content as this is a family event…NO NUDES.
JURY: $20 | a non-refundable jury fee must be enclosed with all applications meeting the following requirements:
- ALL 3-D Art MUST be juried every year, with full description on how it was made. If the artist participated in the 65th and 66th Greeley Park Art Show, jury fee is waived.
- ALL 2-D Art must be juried if the artist did NOT participate in the 65th or 66th Greeley Park Art Show.
Booth Space & Installation: To request a particular location, be sure to apply before June 16 th. Volunteers get first choice of location! We cannot guarantee that all requests will be honored, but will consider them on a first-come basis. Booth size is 10 feet x 10 feet. The NAAA provides only the space: Artists are responsible for their own tents, racks, walls, etc. All show registrants are expected to be ready for business at 10:00 a.m. each day, and staff their booth through 5:00 on Saturday and 4:00 on Sunday. Tents are required to display due to the nature of this show in order to protect the artwork from any form of precipitation. Only can the Executive Board dismiss artists due to rain, artists are not permitted to leave early and must be open for business from for the entire length of the show. Due to the underground sprinkler system, stakes are NOT allowed to secure tents. Parking for artists is available in lots after load-in, but parking on Concord Street is reserved for show visitors. No vehicles are allowed on the grass at any time.
Booth Fees: Deadline:
July August 1st. All applications postmarked after the deadline will require a late fee of $25.00.
- NAAA Booth | $110.00
EARLY BIRD RATE: Deadline March 31st | $100.00
- Non-Member Booth | $165.00
EARLY BIRD RATE, Deadline March 31st | $155.00
Featured Artist: $30, $40, $55 | Would YOU like to be featured in the Greeley Park Art Show Brochure, which is distributed to hundreds of visitors over the two-day show? If so, submit the fee, your photo or a photo of your artwork, plus a biography or artist statement for publication in the art show brochure! $30 for a business card sized ad, $40 for half-page, $55 for full page. All information MUST be submitted by July 1st to GreeleyParkArtShow@gmail.com. NOTE: If materials/info is not submitted on time the artist will not be featured in the brochure and forfeits the fee.
Security, Liability, & Sales: The NAAA retains security services over Friday and Saturday nights, but property left at the site remains the responsibility of the artist. NAAA is not responsible for any loss or damage to artist property during the dates of the show, and makes no guarantees of foot traffic or art sales during the event. Greeley Park Art Show is NONCOMMISSION. We do a LOT of advertising – in print and online – last year we spent over $4000 in advertising for this show.
Volunteer: We are also looking for artists willing to help with different aspects of the show and to also give demonstrations throughout the day! If you’re interested in helping, email GreeleyParkArtShow@gmail.com.
Art Competition & Awards:
- Work entered in the competitions must have been created since August 1, 2017.
- All artwork must be finished and have a wire for hanging.
- Judges reserve the right to not issue award/prizes in a category if they deem the work subpar or if there are not enough pieces of art in that category for judging.
- Further details will be mailed to participating artists prior to the show, including the application.
PLEASE NOTE: You will be redirected to the PayPal website for payment.