Due to COVID-19 – Interviews will be conducted via ZOOM.
DOWNLOAD: 2021 NAAA Scholarship Application (Here)
2021 NAAA Art Scholarship | Information & Guidelines
Qualified applicant must be a graduating high school senior who has been accepted to and will be enrolled in college full-time, with a focus in the arts. Applicants must NOT have been a recipient of a scholarship from NAAA in the past. Scholarships are open to all New Hampshire and northern Massachusetts residents.
This application will qualify you for one of two scholarships presented by the NAAA. If you are awarded the Nashua Area Artists’ Association Scholarship Sponsored by Enterprise Bank, you will receive a $750.00 scholarship. If you are awarded the NAAA/Robert E. LeRoy Scholarship, you will receive a $750.00 Scholarship. The specific scholarships will be determined by the scholarship selection committee.
The applicant is responsible to ensure that all elements of the application are received by NAAA before the deadline. The requirements listed below are mandatory and constitute a complete submission. Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
- Essay telling the committee about yourself, your goals, and your interest in the arts.
- Letter of recommendation from a teacher speaking on your commitment, talent, and interest in art. Fellow students, friends, or family members are not acceptable references.
- Transcripts of grades
- A letter verifying acceptance to a college/art school
- Portfolio – to be presented to the selection committee at the time of your personal interview. The portfolio should include:
- 10-12 pieces of work in a variety of media that shows composition and design, drawing ability, imagination, understanding and use of the elements and principles of design.
- You may present 2-dimensional or 3-dimensional work.
- It is preferable that some of your 2-dimensional work be framed or matted.
- Large 3-dimensional work, photos, and videos may be shown at review on a personal computer brought by the applicant.
Completed application with the required materials must be postmarked by May 2, 2021.
All applicants must be interviewed by the Nashua Area Artists Association Scholarship Committee on May 15, 2021. Interview appointments will be made following the screening of all applications for completeness.
Decision of the NAAA Scholarship Committee is final.
The interviews will be conducted virtually via ZOOM. The scholarship winners are expected to attend and provide several matted and/or framed pieces for display at the NAAA’s annual Greeley Park exhibit on August 21 and 22, 2021. The winners are also expected to attend the award ceremony at Greeley Park on Sunday, August 22, 2020.
If you have questions please contact Jayson Gleneck, Scholarship Chairperson at: NAAAEastShow@gmail.com or call at 603-320-8754.