2023 NAAA Art Scholarship | Information & Guidelines
Qualified applicant(s) must be a graduating high school senior who has been accepted to and will be enrolled in college full-time, with a focus in the arts. Applicants must NOT have been a recipient of a scholarship from NAAA in the past.
This application will qualify you for one of two scholarships presented by the NAAA. If you are awarded the NAAA Scholarship, you will receive a $1,500.00 Scholarship. If you are awarded the Nashua Area Artists’ Association Scholarship sponsored by Enterprise Bank, you will receive a $1,500.00 Scholarship. The specific scholarships will be determined by the scholarship selection committee.
The applicant is responsible to ensure that all elements of the application are received by NAAA by the deadline. The requirements listed below are mandatory and constitute a complete submission. Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
WHAT TO UPLOAD OR MAIL WITH YOUR COMPLETED APPLICATION:
- Essay telling the committee about yourself, your goals, and your interest in the arts.
- Letter of recommendation from a teacher speaking on your commitment, talent, and interest in art. Fellow students, friends, or family members are not acceptable references.
- A letter verifying acceptance to a college/art school
WHAT TO BRING TO INTERVIEW:
- Portfolio – Presented before your personal interview. The portfolio should include:
- 10-12 pieces of work in a variety of media that shows composition and design, drawing ability, imagination, understanding and use of the elements and principles of design.
- You may present 2-dimensional or 3-dimensional work.
- It is preferable that some of your 2-dimensional work be framed or matted.
- Large 3-dimensional work, photos, and videos may be shown online from the applicant.
- Completed application with the required documents must be submitted online or postmarked by May 1, 2023.
Interviews will be held May 7, 2023 – You will be notified of your appointment time.
Decision of the NAAA Scholarship Committee is final.
The scholarship winners are expected to attend and provide several matted and/or framed pieces for display at the NAAA’s annual Greeley Park Art Show on August 19 and 20, 2023. The winners are also expected to attend the award ceremony at Greeley Park on Sunday, August 20, 2023. A tent at the show will be provided for the scholarship winners.
You can complete the application and upload the necessary documents online OR you can download the application below and scan all your documents and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org OR download and print and return the completed application with requested documents to: Nashua Area Artists’ Association c/o Scholarship Committee, P.O. Box 70, Nashua, NH 03061-0070.
If you have questions please contact Tracy Levesque, Scholarship Chairperson at: email@example.com
DOWNLOADABLE APPLICATION – CLICK HERE