NASHUA AREA ARTISTS ASSOCIATION JURIED EXHIBITIONS
AT COURTYARD BY MARRIOTT NASHUA
FALL: Sunday, October 21, 2023 through Sunday, January 21, 2024
Registration Deadline: October 16, 2023
The NAAA is pleased to announce the Fall exhibition venue at the COURTYARD BY MARRIOTT NASHUA. This exhibit is open to both NAAA members and non-members, with members having priority. The exhibition space is located in the hallways in the Conference Center wing of the hotel. There will 4 NAAA Exhibitions each calendar year with each one lasting 3 months. The maximum number of participants is 10 per exhibition. Artists retain 70% of the sales price or artwork sold while NAAA gets a 30% commission.
Who is Eligible to Enter Each Exhibition?
- Participation is open to members and non-members of the Nashua Area Artists’ Association working in any form of 2-D media. Members are given preference.
- The exhibitions are free for members; Non-members will be charged $10 per piece.
What Can I Enter?
- Artists may submit ONE (1) or TWO (2) entries the three-month exhibit.
- Work submitted must be original or, if a PRINT of original artwork, it must be marked as such and have been completed by the participating artist only. Photography is considered a Print.
- One entry may be no larger than 36” on its largest side and the other entry may be no larger than 24” on its largest side.
- If you want to submit ONE larger piece instead of two, the entry can be up to 50” on the horizontal/landscape side.
- Each entry must look professional and be framed or canvas wrapped.
- Each entry must be completely secured for hanging/installation in the gallery.
How Do I Enter My Work for Potential Inclusion in the Exhibition?
- SEND A REQUIRED EMAIL to email@example.com with the following information by midnight 7 days prior to drop-off date (See schedule above): (a) Name of Artist, Email Address, Best Phone Number, (b) Title, Medium, Size and Sale Price of Each Entry, and (c) Whether You are a NAAA Member or Not.
- ATTACH A QUALITY PHOTO OF EACH ENTRY TO THE EMAIL by midnight 14 days prior to drop-off date. The Photo of framed work should be taken prior to framing for optimal quality.
- The information will be used to jury submissions and to determine the 10 artists for each exhibition. If selected, the information will also be used to create inventory and allow the art to be sold online.
- ALL ENTRANTS will be notified by email within 72 hours of submission as to whether their work was accepted for the current exhibition.
Once Accepted, How Do I Prepare My Work for Hanging?
- Each Piece of Accepted Work MUST be ready to hang with wire installed.
- Wire should be installed approximately 1/4 to 1/3 of the way from the top of frame on the back (NO saw-tooth hangers, keyhole hangers, etc.).
- Wire must be tautly and securely installed.
- Works on paper must be under glass (or plexiglass).
- IF entries are NOT ready-to-hang, they may be dismissed from the show. The NAAA reserves the right to defer entries deemed inappropriate for a public place.
- Each Piece of Accepted Work MUST include a string attached to the back of the art that hangs a few inches below the artwork where we can attach a consistent Exhibit card with artist name, title, medium, and price.
- Packaging is up to the artists as they will be taking the packaging with them after the installation of the exhibit and are expected to pick up the artwork at the designated date and time once the exhibits has been taken down.
- Please leave the artwork up for the entire exhibition UNLESS the item is sold. Artists are encouraged to replace SOLD work with another piece that is no larger than the one sold.
What Do I Need to Do On Set-Up and Drop Off Days?
- All work must be hand delivered to Courtyard by Marriott Nashua, 2200 Southwood Drive, Nashua, New Hampshire on the FIRST DAY of each exhibition between 9-11:00 unless otherwise determined by the program contact listed below.
- If you are a non-member, please bring a check made out to NAAA for the appropriate fee ($10 per accepted piece).
- All work must be picked up at the Courtyard by Marriott Nashua, 2200 Southwood Drive, Nashua, New Hampshire on the FIRST DAY of the FOLLOWING exhibition between 9-11:00 unless otherwise determined by the program contact listed below.
- Any changes to the schedule will be noted in the newsletter.
If you are interested in participating in this exhibit and would like further information, please contact Howard Muscott by email at firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred) or phone (603-440-8141) (if necessary).
WINTER: Sunday, January 21, 2024 through Sunday, April 21, 2024
Registration Deadline: January 14, 2024